POST BASIC B.Sc. NURSING
|Minimum Qualification||G.N.M (pass)|
|Duration of Course||Two years|
|Total number of seats||30|
The duration of the course for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing shall be two academic years. This is subject to the rules of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
I) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION:
1. The candidate seeking admission to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Basic) must have passed the 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
2. The candidate should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery from an institution recognized by the Punjab Nurses Registration Council and Indian Nursing Council and affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
3. Candidate should be registered as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife (RN/RM) with the State Nursing Council.
4. Age- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age as on 31/12/ of year of admission.
5. The candidate should be a bonafide resident of Punjab, the Resident status of the Punjab state, will be taken in terms of Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative reforms (PP II Branch) letter no. 1/3/95-3 PP II/9619, dated 6th June 1996, ID No. 1/2/96-3PP-2/8976, dated 7th July, 1998 and ID No. 1/3/95-3PP II/81, dated 1st January 1999.
6. Candidate should have passed GNM examination as per regular candidate from a recognized institution situated in the state of Punjab for quota seats. Candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from Principal/Head of the Institute last attended.
7. The candidate must produce a certificate of good moral character issued by the Principal of the college/ school last attended.
8. The candidate must be medically fit.
II) Entrance /Selection :
Selection of the candidate shall be based on the counseling held by University or Competent Authority.
III) Application form:
It must be filled and signed by candidate’s own handwriting and duly signed by parents or guardians. Application forms that are incomplete or received after due date shall not be entertained.
Attach the original and a photocopy of the following documents:
10+ 2 certificate
GNM 1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year certificate
Residential /Domicile certificate
Medical fitness certificate
8 recent photographs
IV)Fees and other dues :
As per BFUHS ,Faridkot
A candidate once admitted will not be allowed to withdraw and vacate a seat without paying full course tution fee.Fee once paid is non-refundable
Students will be allowed to observe vacations and holidays as under:-
Winter break – 10 days in December
Summer break – 20 days in June
Gazetted Holidays – as per university norms
Sick leave – 10 days